🗳️ Politics

All the discussions related to Philippines national politics, elections and candidates.
Philippine Politics and Governance: The reality are politics while theories are laws... LOL
Source: https://lifestyle.inquirer.net/579401/when-we-start-laughing-at-politics-again/ Snippet: Source: https://www.dandc.eu/en/article/tv-shows-1980s-twitter-political-satire-has-long-been-both-weapon-and-escape-valve Snippet: “Joke lang!” – “Just kidding!”: Political humour in the Philippines by Angelo R. Lacuesta 30.04.2025 From the TV shows of the 1980s to Twitter: Political humour has long been both a weapon and an escape valve in the Philippines. Some politicians have capitalised on this, while others have responded with strict laws. Protests against former President Rodrigo Duterte and Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa in Manila in March following Duterte’s arrest. CTTO if this piques your interest...
PCG Spokesperson VS Marcoleta
Itinanggi ni Philippine Coast Guard spokesperson Commodore Jay Tarriela na tinawag nitong traydor si Sagip partylist Representative Rodante Marcoleta matapos nilang magkainitan nang ungkatin ang mga kontrobersyal nitong pahayag sa West Philippine Sea. “I did not mention that you are a traitor. Those words did not come from me,” pagdidiin ni Tarriela sa House Joint Committee hearing nitong Martes, February 18, 2025. Tinanong ni Marcoleta bakit hindi umano itinama ni Tarriela ang mga pahayag ng mga vlogger na nagbansag dito ng traydor. “Why would I even defend you if you’re calling me g*go? As a commissioned officer of the Philippine Coast Guard, being a spokesperson, calling me ‘mangmang,’ not knowing what I am saying. How would I...

Trending Topics

Online now

Members online
1,142
Guests online
1,949
Total visitors
3,091
Back
Top